Presented by Theresa McDonnell, Second Grade Teacher
Ready to launch a year of discovery and creativity? August is the perfect time to plan exciting and innovative writing projects that meet the needs of all students.
The Common Core is creating greater pressure on developing individualized education programs (IEPs) to ensure that goals have measurable objectives that are aligned to the Common Core, and address evidence-based practices and interventions for students with IEPs.
In this webinar, learn how students of all ability levels can feel success and confidence as they design and create books that align with the Common Core State Standards. See how technology transforms special education and inclusion classroom instruction by enhancing individual learning opportunities and enabling greater flexibility and personalization.
Join Theresa McDonnell on a tour of her second grade inclusion class and learn how Shutterfly’s free Photo Story App enriched her writing curriculum, and inspired second graders to unwrap the gift of becoming authors! Photo Story not only leveled the playing field for all students to feel success in writing no matter their ability level, but the app is also exceptionally user-friendly for you to implement into your everyday lessons!
Theresa will share:
Join Theresa to learn how a classroom of diverse learners can become authors of books and express their writing in a creative and interactive way. Theresa will field questions from attendees during this live, interactive session.
- An overview of how a second grade inclusion class transformed their Common Core nonfiction research writing unit into published books.
- Strategies for integrating digital writing into your writing curriculum while covering the CCSS.
- A suggested timeline for writing and creating books with your students.
- The essentials for guided instruction throughout the process and best practices.
- The advantages that Shutterfly’s free Photo Story App provides for diverse learners, specifically students with learning disabilities.
- Tips for throwing a writer’s celebration that students will never forget.
Join the Creating Multimedia Stories for Learning community to access the webinar recording and resources.
A CE certificate will be emailed to attendees within 24 hours of the live event.
If you miss the live session, a link to view the recording will be sent within 24 hours of the live event.
This is a free program from edWeb.net.
edWeb.net is a social network and professional learning community that makes it easy for teachers and all educators to connect and collaborate with peers, share information and best practices, and spread innovative ideas to improve teaching and learning.
Questions? Check our FAQ page.
Visit our Google calendar to view all webinars this month.
Follow us on Twitter @edWebnet to learn about upcoming webinars and special events!